Photos Depicting Train Traffic and Trains can be Presented to Photo Contest “Railway and I”
Operation Lifesaver Estonia (OLE) announces photo contest “Railway and I”. OLE expects to the contest all photographs that are related to railways. The photos should be submitted by June 5, 2011 and the prize fund for contest winners is €1000.
“Our objective is to collect information on how people perceive railways and feel its presence,” said Tamo Vahemets, OLE’s Chairman of Management Board. “There exist as many viewpoints as there are people – for some of us a train is a safe mean of transport used daily, for others railways are a source of danger, source of living or way of travelling. In order to gather all these different views, OLE organises photo contest “Railway and I”. We would like to receive from contestants all kinds of photos depicting railways or trains,” said Tamo Vahemets.
1. The contest lasts until 5 June 2011.
2. In order to participate, your photo(s) should e sent by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the photo file should contain the name of the author and the accompanying E-mail should contain information about author’s age, place of residence and title of the photo.
3. The competition has no age limits.
4. Participation is free of charge.
5. Every participant can send up to three photos.
6. The photos must be in .JPG format in size at least 3-5Mb.
7. Only the photos not modified can participate.
8. The photos must be taken in Estonia.
9. By sending the photos, the author gives Operation Lifesaver Estonia the right to use it in the educational and advertising materials produced by OLE or its members.
10. The prize fund is €1000 that is distributed between awarded photos.
11. The winners of the contest are selected by a selection committee consisting of six professional photographers.
12. The winner is announced during the International Level Crossing Awareness Day ILCAD held on 9 June 2011.
Additional information about the contest:
+372 51 84 770
OLE (www.ole.ee) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2004 the mission of which is improving public awareness on dangers present on railways and lawful behaviour in order to reduce the number of traffic accidents involving railways and the number of people killed or injured in course of such accidents.
Tamo Vahemets, Chairman of Board
Telephone: +372 504 5112